What is a Service Set-out Survey?
A Service Set-out Survey is used to set out the exact position of proposed services through out structure. This kind of survey is very important during any type of construction work.
Basically a service set-out survey involves transferring a buildings services design onto the land itself so the builders can follow it during construction. During the process, key points are established and markers used to guide the building process and ensure accuracy. For large scale projects, such as high rise buildings and developments, multiple set-out surveys may be needed as the construction progresses. Examples of this would be for the earthworks, roads, carparks, sewerage, water and the actual buildings themselves.
Why Are Service Set-out Surveys Important?
Service set-out surveys are important for several reasons:
- They enable the construction team to build exactly to plan as markers are physically laid out in front of them ensuring that all services are correctly positioned through out the building.
- They allow for the services to be correctly placed with no issues arising from incorrect placement, which is vital to ensure no disputes occur later on.
When Are Service Set-Out Surveys Needed?
Service set-out services are required when:
- Building anything from a small dwelling to major commercial building or high rise structures
- Services are built into roads, bridges, tunnels
- Doing any extensions to existing buildings
Choose Neilly Davies for your Service Set-Out Survey
Our registered surveyors have extensive knowledge and expertise in surveying developed over 35 years.
If you would like more information about our service set-out surveying services or to discuss your project in more detail, call us now on 1300 730 340.